Endeavour Announces the Mobilization of the Transocean Prospect to the Rochelle Field
HOUSTON, Jan. 7, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Endeavour International Corporation (NYSE: END) (LSE: ENDV) today announced that the Transocean Prospect semi-submersible drilling rig has been mobilized to the Rochelle field to complete the drilling of the East Rochelle development well in the U.K. Central North Sea.
After a short mobilization period, anchoring and set up process, the rig will commence final drilling and completion of the development well. Drilling of the East Rochelle development well was suspended in November 2012 to allow for the completion of the subsea installation. The following infrastructure items have been accomplished:
- The Rochelle drill center manifolds have all been installed and piled to the seabed.
- A sub-sea isolation valve has also been installed within the Scott 500 meter safety zone.
- The 38 kilometre Rochelle pipeline system (East and West) has been installed, trenched, backfilled and rock dumped.
- The East and West pipeline system was successfully de-watered with nitrogen back to the Scott platform and is now ready to accept first hydrocarbons once the final drilling, well tie-in and pre-commissioning operations are completed.
- All subsea hydraulic, electric and chemical injection umbilical tie-ins have been completed. The umbilical has also been connected to the Scott topsides umbilical termination unit and all lines have been successfully tested point to point.
"The decision at the end of last year to suspend the first well due to the inability to perform simultaneous pipe-lay and development drilling operations has facilitated a critical aspect of the development, the subsea infrastructure, to be completed," said William L. Transier, chairman, chief executive officer and president. "Once the remaining section of the well is drilled and the well is tied in, we will be in a position to start production of hydrocarbons from East Rochelle."
Endeavour is the operator of the Rochelle development project and holds a 44% ownership interest in the Rochelle development which is comprised of Blocks 15/26b, 15/26c and 15/27.
Endeavour International Corporation is an international oil and gas exploration and production company focused on the acquisition, exploration and development of energy reserves in the North Sea and United States. For more information, visit www.endeavourcorp.com.
Certain statements in this news release should be regarded as "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of the securities laws. These statements speak only of as of the date made. Such statements are subject to assumptions, risk and uncertainty. Actual results or events may vary materially.
SOURCE Endeavour International Corporation
Skapa innehåll för din webbplats
Förbättra din webbplats eller blogg med PR Newswires skräddarsydda nyhetsflöden.
Kontakta PR Newswire
Skicka oss ett mail till email@example.com eller ring oss på +46 (0)8 1200 1300
Bli en PR Newswire kund
Begär mer information , se PR Newswire produkter & tjänster eller ring oss på +46 (0)8 1200 1300